Can I use a custom URL or domain name for my Pepperlane website?
Why, yes, you can! You can take a custom domain name, like dogwalkingbyrobin.com, and point it to your Pepperlane web presence so that it's easier to promote your business in print materials (like on a business card) or just reference casually in a conversation.
If you already own a domain, you can configure it to point to your site on Pepperlane, or you can buy a new domain for this purpose. And hey, if your custom website has been "under construction" for 6 months, maybe it's time to point that URL over to your Pepperlane site and get on with your life!
I have my own domain
If you have already purchased a domain name (URL), you'll just need to log in to the place where you bought your domain (e.g. Google Domains, GoDaddy, etc.) and follow the instructions to forward it to your Pepperlane URL.
Here are instructions for how to forward your domain on some of the most popular domain registrar sites:
(If your domain registrar is not listed here and you need help finding instructions, let us know and we can help!)
I don't have my own domain
If you haven't purchased your own domain name yet, we recommend using Google domains because it's low-cost, uncluttered and simple to manage.
- Head over to Google domains to see whether the name you want is available and purchase a domain name
- Once you've purchased the domain name, you can forward it to your Pepperlane URL as follows:
- In the Google Domain admin dashboard, click on the icon for "website"
- Click the button that says "Forward" to forward your domain to a website.
- Paste your Pepperlane URL into the "Forward your domain" field, and click "Forward". (You can see your Pepperlane URL by going to the Dashboard: My Profile section; choose 'Change profile URL" from the Options menu at the top left. e.g. https://pepperlane.co/jess; you should see your new URL reflected here)